We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer:
- You will support us in the development and maintenance of our trading platform and its respective stakeholders (farmers, retailers, producers).
- You will make technologies or frameworks like Django Rest Framework, GraphQL, and CircleCI work for you and expand them to help the team. You will work in close collaboration with the Frontend team to build a seamless data exchange that is powerful and scalable.
- You will directly influence decisions supporting our DevOps, Analytics, Design, and Product departments while keeping yourself in sync with the Sales & Marketing team.
- You will be given an opportunity to learn and grow yourself in a friendly team environment that is using cutting edge technologies to change the world.
What we will bring
Agrando is an independent SaaS trading platform for farmers and retailers. Our vision is a borderless network of farmers and retailers - no matter what size or region - who work together to overcome current and future challenges of digitization.
Our core features include digital channels to trade agricultural inputs and in-depth data analytics and benchmarking functionalities about individual trading economics. Agricultural trading today is characterised by analogue and cumbersome processes and a fundamental lack of transparency. We are creating a future for farmers and retailers in which they are able to share data in an anonymous and secure way, work together and do business smarter.
We have a non-clock-watching culture and while the job is at our Munich Office we are very flexible when you want to work from home on occasion.
- Events Around the Globe:
Not only do we host internal Team Events, but since we are an aspiring AgTech Startup you can join us on various Trips, Conventions, Conferences (We are regular visitors at Vue.js Amsterdam and it always has been a total blast), Tech Fairs, Trade Shows and other Events around the World, related to our business or the technologies involved.
- Make a Difference:
In the end we try to save our farmers money by purchasing agricultural inputs more cost-efficiently, which in turn can save farms with less revenues than production costs from bankruptcy (e.g. coming from low milk prices), while at the same time enabling private suppliers to compete and advance in the digitized agricultural trade of the future.
- Advanced Training:
At Agrando we believe in nurturing our skills through proper knowledge management and personal development. We encourage our employees to learn, teach and improve also through advanced trainings, workshops, (hosted) meetups or other external activities and provide them with the best resources (Books, Coachings & Trainings, Udemy for Business, Nanodegrees from Udacity) for free.
- Additional Benefits:
- Weapons of choice (MBP etc.), Qualitrain (subsidized sports), Coffee & Beer, Organic Fruits & YumYum Soups, Switch & XBOX360 Gaming
- Weißwurst breakfasts (Max Muniger Gold - best weißwurst in town)
- Agrando summer & winter parties
- Mandatory Agrando-Tables at the Oktoberfest & Frühlingsfest
- Frequent team events like Breakfasts, Bowling, Biergarten, …
- Team weekend & party to get together with our Prishtina Team in Kosovo
Agrando ist ein stark wachsendes AgTech-Unternehmen aus München und der verlässliche Erfolgspartner der deutschen Landwirtschaft. Unser passioniertes und mittlerweile über 100-köpfiges Team führt unsere Landwirtschaft in die Zukunft: Wir brennen dafür, den traditionsreichen Berufsstand unserer Landwirte zu sichern und international wettbewerbsfähig zu machen. Unsere Kombination aus Deutschlands einziger unabhängiger Online-Handelsplattform, exklusiven Marktanalysen und einer professionellen Agrarberatung macht Landwirte, Landhändler und Hersteller nachhaltig erfolgreich.